Motions to Show Cause – Motions for Contempt

In some cases, it may be difficult to get your ex-spouse to comply with the court’s orders.

Hopefully, many of these differences are small and can be worked out between yourself and your ex. Bigger problems such as your ex-spouse not paying child support, refusing to give visitation as ordered, or failing to turn over property should be brought to the court’s attention. You can request the court to try to force compliance by finding your ex-spouse in contempt. Contempt findings can ultimately lead to jail time if the judge believes that your ex-spouse is intentionally refusing to comply with a lawful court order.

This is one area that we believe consulting an attorney early on will be useful. If your ex-spouse refuses to comply with court orders, come see us so we can build a strong case to get the court to take needed action.

Is divorce the best option for you & your spouse?
Our attorneys can help you through the process, contact us today for more info.